CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Hand made Advent Calendar (Countdown to Christmas)




Hello Everyone!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I know we did. We had the opportunity to celebrate Thanksgiving twice this year. The 1st dinner was with Grandma and Grandpa Foster and family in Wheat field, IN and then we celebrated Thanksgiving at home in our apartment with my mom, brother in-law and his girlfriend. It was the 1st time that my husband and I had ever hosted Thanksgiving dinner and it was a great success! We had never cooked a Turkey before and we were a little nervous about it but it turned out perfect and everyone enjoyed it. Anyways, enough blabber LOL! On to the project! Today I would like to share a project with you that I started a few weeks ago and finished today. It is an Advent Calendar. I made it using a kit that I bought at Joann's Fabric. The kit is made by DCWV and it cost around 10$ but included all the supplies needed to make a very cute advent calendar. The only thing you need is glue or some type of adhesive. The kit offers suggestions on how to put the calendar together but you can create your calendar any way you want. I love love love how mine turned out! It is absolutely adorable! Unfortunately, the pictures do not do it justice. It is really colorful and full of glitter and texture. This weekend, I am decorating for Christmas so I will be hanging it up for all to see. Thank you for stopping by and hope this inspires you to not just buy Christmas decor this year but make some of your own. It is so much fun and does not have to be expensive. It allows you to put your own personal touch on the Holidays and can help create new traditions and some amazing memories.

Have a wonderful evening!

Happy crafting!

Abbey

1 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so fun! I think I need to make one this year!

Post a Comment